Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer - Weybridge
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of the UK's leading providers of innovative broadcast equipment
You will have a minimum of an HND in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and your technical experience will cover some of the following:
- Three years relevant experience in a Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering role
- Excellent engineering problem solving and decision making skills with the enthusiasm to get involved in all levels of engineering work from design to hands-on practical work.
- Familiarity of precision motion mechanisms, Pan/Tilt Mechanisms, Gimbals, Track systems
- Good knowledge of specialist servo systems
- Ability to design new track systems, modify existing track systems to improve performance or to adapt the system to suit particular applications
- Familiarity with testing, maintaining and repairing track systems
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D CAD systems with significant hands-on experience
- The ability to manage projects whilst adhering to challenging deadlines.
- Experience of producing manufacturing drawings containing full tolerance and detailed finishing specifications
- Experience of materials selection and manufacturing processes
- An appreciation of design for manufacture and assembly, maintenance and repair
- Practical prototype assembly and testing experience
- Knowledge of electronics enclosure design with an appreciation of environmental sealing and RF shielding techniques
- Experience in the broadcast or film industry would be advantageous.
Industry - Audio/Visual
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81451425