Senior Diesel Engine Calibration Engineer
Job Description For Vacancy No: 238395D
Consultant: Daniel Woodcock
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Senior Diesel Engine Calibration Engineer
Job Status: Contract
Job Description: The company is a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors.
Development of world class engine systems is our passion. With the increasing expectations of engine performance, new opportunities to integrate engine - machine systems, increasing focus on emissions, and need for continuous improvement to remain the best, we have the growth opportunity for experienced and aspiring engineers to join our team.
We're looking for Senior Diesel Calibration Engineers to directly influence the performance of our next generation engines through a system level approach, pulling together technology selection, control system development, optimisation and aftertreatment performance. The role will be based within the Performance Systems Integration team, focusing on the development of 4 and 6 cylinder global engine platforms for a wide variety of applications.
If you enjoy solving complex engineering problems with limited information, with a drive to create and validate new innovative solutions to current product issues and future generations of engines this job will be perfect for you.
Due to breadth of the role you will require experience in at least one of the following five areas with a desire to learn and develop experience across the other areas of focus:
Product controls software developmentDiesel engine core performance and emissionsDiesel engine aftertreatment specification and performanceProduct validation planning and executionProduct technical issue root cause and resolution, including 6Sigma
- Engine / Powertrain performance requirements definition
- Definition and development of new engine electronic control systems in partnership with engine software development team
- Accountable for delivery of engine calibrations through Global Engine Development engine calibration teams
- Engine / Powertrain performance validation in real world customer applications
- Detailed data analysis / review of engine and aftertreatment calibrations with the accountability for approval for production
- In-field pilot fleet machine telematic data analysis for issue identification, root cause and resolution
- Communication with engineering and product groups across the business
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and provide technical support to others
- Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
- Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
- Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
- Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
- 6 sigma experience (Black belt preferable, Green Belt minimum)
- Product sign-off and report documentation
- Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
- Experience of Matlab and Simulink
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
- Experience of Vector CANape, AVL CAMEO, NI DIAdem, Stat Ease DX9, MiniTab, or other similar calibration, optimisation and statistics tools
- Ability to generate calibration requirements and constraints, including hardware limit definition, tailpipe emissions, transient response, fuel consumption, drivability, and other customer demands
- Project management experience of multi-functional teams to hit software delivery dates
- Resolution of engine performance issues and complex engineering problems with rigor and urgency
Rate: Between £28 - £36 per hour on a limited company basis.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81446042