Head of Engineering
Afonwen Laundry is one of the UK's leading linen hire suppliers to the hotel industry, servicing high quality Hotels across England and Wales. A Johnson Service Group PLC company.We are seeking a Head of Engineering to lead our team and assist with the smooth running of our production facility in Chester.
To take full responsibility and accountability for managing an Engineering Team, who will provide multi-skilled engineering and maintenance cover across the entire production facility.
Duties will include
- Planning and organising all planned preventative maintenance activities, in conjunction with the General Manager;
- Reviewing systems for monitoring the plant and its equipment, to ensure faults are identified quickly and production downtime is minimised;
- Reviewing, monitoring and maintaining safe systems of work for the Engineering team, to ensure all duties are undertaken in line with current health & safety legislation.
- Managing the ordering and storage of spare parts and essential engineering equipment;
- Undertaking daily, weekly and monthly checks for compliance and audit purposes;
- Day to day management of the Engineering team.
- Proven experience working in a similar management role, within a fast-paced production environment;
- A minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or related subject);
- A good understanding of costs, quantities, timescales and contract terms for any work undertaken;
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Flexible approach to working hours
As part of a growing PLC, Afonwen Laundry offers a competitive salary in the region of £40-42K, along with the opportunity for long term career prospects.
If you wish to apply, please email your CV by clicking Apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81450540