Database Administrator NoSQL (DBA), eCOM leader - Bangkok
Our clientis the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. They are also part of the largest online travel company in the world and maintaining this position requires an incredible amount of data, a superior IT infrastructure, and world class talent to bring it all together. Technology is not just what they do - it's at the heart of who they are.
As a part of the database operations team, you will is responsible for administrating NoSQL data engine including database monitoring and supporting 24x7 in production.
- Administrating, Proactive and re-active monitoring of 600 NoSQL nodes in order to provide 24 x 7 up-time and availability across multiple data centres
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning data engine.
- Deploy database changes and first line database support
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and external entities to ensure scalability, integrity and security of database.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or any related fields
- At least 2 years experiences in Database administration
- Fundamental understanding of NoSQL concept
- Ability to learn new data engine technology such as Elasticsearch, Couchbase, Cassandra
- Experience in Linux environment
- Experience with Database High Availability technology
- Experience with Database Monitoring, Proactive and re-active is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments well
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be the team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to attend on-call rotation
- Good English communication skill
Highly desirable advantage skills:
- Elasticsearch, Couchbase, Cassandra ,MS SQL Server, Vertica, ORACLE, DB2, Sybase
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81447566