Senior Pricing Analyst - Energy markets
Working for this commercial energy business in Leicester, the Senior Pricing Analyst will have end to end ownership of the management of costing and price optimisation models and processes along with accurate and timely delivery of requisite files and price books. Team management, mentoring junior analysts and building relationships with senior management and key business partners are also critical responsibilities.
A very challenging position, the key objective will be to ensure that price levels are optimised to achieve stated business objectives as defined by the plan, forecast or agreed benchmarks.
Key responsibilities will include:
- End to end ownership of the costing processes including any methodological considerations which impact the price levels.
- Manage analytical models to develop the understanding of the impacts that price changes and differing pricing structures have on customer behaviour and P&L performance.
- Feed pricing and costing considerations into the financial forecasting / planning process.
- Ensure optimum price levels are set and maintained across channels, fuel types and product types, to enable the business to achieve its target margin.
- Review, own and manage the profitability of products, pricing initiatives and promotions for customer’s businesses.
- Analysing and articulating the results from tests or deep dives into pricing initiatives or strategies, to improve the overall commercial performance or pricing strategy for the business.
- Ensuring appropriate governance, controls and reporting are in place for all key processes
- Manage staff in line with organisation values and policies, mentoring other junior members of the team to improve overall knowledge sharing and cross team working.
- Build effective relationships with key business partners, working closely with other Commercial and Sales teams to develop & implement price or promotion changes.
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Strong academic background with a mathematical, statistical or energy related degree.
- Experience in a pricing/commercial role for a UK energy business is essential.
- Knowledge of energy market processes, pricing, forecasting and governance.
- Good understanding of the commercial aims and objectives for a large energy business
- Excellent analytical skill sets including advanced experience in Excel and preferably SQL.
- Staff managements experience able to proactively manage own workload simultaneously.
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81446862