London (The Shard)
The frontend team writes and maintains the browser based applications and software using a combination of Symfony, for API's and standard sites, and Ember for applications that have a lot of interactivity and state. They deal with building management and reporting interfaces to display the millions of events that our systems process each day.
- You'll do all this while maintaining high standards, adhering to team conventions and constantly improving code, even if it wasn't yours to start with.
- We work in a dev-ops environment, so you'll need to maintain your own development server and take responsibility when publishing code to staging or production servers. You'll ensure code is sufficiently documented and tested, taking pride in your work and catching bugs early on.
- As well as coding, you'll take part in project planning and scoping, helping the product team to understand requirements and form functional and technical specs.
- There are opportunities to take ownership of projects, research and adopt new technologies and propose new developments and you'll add credible insight to development discussions.
- You might also provide technical support to the operations and client facing teams, fixing bugs, giving advice and communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff. That includes maintaining our internal and user documentation.
This is an opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing development teams in London. Technology is at the forefront of this business, it's a fantastic environment with the core principle of helping you and others around you to be successful. Dress down, cool offices, breakfast bars, personal development, flexible working hours, incentives. This is a genuinely brilliant place to work. Furthermore, they really do believe in people and want to give everyone the opportunity to learn there. If you aren't the complete package, but can show willing and aptitude then they are completely behind helping you to achieve. You will be working in the shard, which if nothing else is a good place to sit and code on some of the most innovative products on the market.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Web application development background in the marketing technology industry. Some understanding of analytics software and online marketing will certainly help.
- Engineers that are able to dive in, and answer questions that have not been asked before, we work in a sector that provides an exciting opportunity to solve truly unique problems. You'll need to be excellent at communicating your findings in new areas, and on new technologies.
- You'll be self-motivated and accountable, performing effectively to tight deadlines both independently and as part of a team. You'll have a results-first mentality and a strong customer/ client focus with the attention to detail required to be part of the team building a world c
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81449852