Radio Engineer required to deliver the testing and commissioning of radio infrastructure work packages for the Crossrail C660 project.
Purpose of Role
Typical responsibilities include:
* The testing and commissioning of associated radio engineering work packages including cable and antenna tests.
* Undertaking of radio coverage measurements and on train testing activities including real-time system optimisation.
* Integration of radio BTS's and RFoF sub-systems including alarm and SLA monitoring.
* Production of Test Documents and Plans as well as Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Work Package Plans and Task Briefs.
* The timely provision of correct technical and engineering input to projects.
* Active contrition to all phases of the engineering project; including systems analysis and design, implementation, validation and test, and leading of site radio engineering test and commissioning teams;
* Interfacing with Project Stakeholders, Tier 1 contractors, customers and suppliers as well as other technical disciplines within the system-wide Crossrail Project.
Specific Technical Skill Requirements
* More than three years experience in testing and commissioning of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and Radiating Cable Tunnel infrastructures for TETRA, LFEPA, GSM, UMTS and LTE frequencies;
* Knowledge of Neutral Host (Multi-Operator) Systems.
* Proven installation and commissioning experience of radio infrastructure projects.
* Experience in the production of Test Plans, Procedures and Scripts
* Experience of Link Budget calculations.
* Experienced of RF over Fibre technology systems.
* Knowledge of ICNIRP.
* Knowledge of Cobham Wireless, Kapsch, Simoco, Frequentis.
* Experience of RFS products including cable types and terminations.
* Experience of GSMR networks, configurations and parameters including optimisation.
* Knowledge of EIRENE, JOTS, ETCS / ERTMS, ETSI, LFEPA, Airwave, Public Cellular, and LU Connect technologies.
* Experience of Test and Measurement equipment including TEMS, NEMO, Anritsu Site Master, Spectrum Analysers, Signal Generators.
* Experience of post processing data using NetProbe, NetAnalyser, Wireshark and Expandium with familiarity of full end to end call tracing, radio statistics and Layer 3 messaging.
* Experience of producing analysis and optimisation reports, including KPIs.
* Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) or Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) card for accessing construction sites.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* IT literate - Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, Visio.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Site Survey experience.
* Experience of iBwave.
* Understanding of SDH and ISDN transmission systems.
* Verification of installation against designs.
* Sentinel Card with associated PTS, ICI-LUL and NR-ICI competencies.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names
Lee Trezise at Rullion on 0161 926 1740
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81445437