Capita IT Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Sharepoint Administrator to join our financial services client based in High Wycombe. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering multiple SharePoint environments, as well as the solutions built on it. You will manage the overall environment health and functionality including daily and monthly health checks; address support tickets; as well as assist in applying patches, service packs, and infrastructure updates. To perform the role, the administrator will be required to work outside core hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) from time to time.
Applicants will require excellent communication, customer focus, and planning/organizing skills. Essential technical skills and experience are: Administration of SharePoint 2013 (backup/restore, installation, search, ULS logs and event viewer, managed metadata, permissions, user profile service); scripting; document and content management; custom workflow development; deployment of third party solutions and webparts.
You will join a team of 1200+ based in offices around Europe. The company is large enough to be able to operate at scale but small enough where each and every person can make a real difference.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Management of the overall SharePoint 2013 environment health and functionality.
- Deep knowledge of SharePoint architecture design for SharePoint 2013 including SharePoint installations and pre-requisites, as required.
- Installation, upgrades, patches, configuration of all SharePoint Services and Windows servers
- Monitor and address support tickets.
- Carry out root cause analysis for major incidents.
- Regular review of events reported in the SharePoint logs and messages reported in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor.
- Regular monitoring of performance and capacity.
- Responsible for conducting regular backups using DocAve, review and testing of previous backups
- Identify and report governance violations.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Administration of SharePoint security and permissions
- Test and deploy new sites and changes to sites.
- Regular review, clean-up, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites.
- Knowledge of architectural design, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations
- Experience with PowerShell and scripted automation
- Develop and maintain Operations documentation.
- Participate in the planning and execution of disaster recovery testing.
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- Knowledge of administration in SharePoint 2013. Specifically including backup/restore; installation; search; ULS logs and event viewer; managed metadata service; permissions; user profile service.
- Understanding of scripting for automating SharePoint installation and maintenance
- Good knowledge of using SharePoint to perform enterprise document management, records management, and web content management.
- Experience of implementing public websites using SharePoint, including resolving security vulnerabilities.
- Development of custom workflows using Nintex or Visual Studio.
- Deployment of third party solutions and web parts.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio, Excel and Word.
- Experience of migrating from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016.
- Web application development experience using Visual Studio.Net, C#, ASP.NET, .NET Framework 3.5 or higher, and the SharePoint object models.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2013.
- Good understanding of AvePoint usage (backup and Governance Automation)
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your CV via the link below for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81448909