Lead Statistical Modeller
Lead Statistical Modeller
London - £55,000 - £74,000 + car, bonus & benefits
A high profile role to lead and develop a team of modelling and analytical experts to build and deliver industry leading credit risk models and other analytical solutions to support decision making.
- Pro-actively manage relationships with business stakeholders to build appropriate plans for agreed model developments: Own the communication with stakeholders on outputs of analysis, business implications and progress against model development plans.
- Manage a team of analysts and senior analysts to deliver against agreed plans and timescales, assisting the team with analysis and model development when required.
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to senior analysts and analysts in the team, and work with Analytics &Oversight senior managers to support and develop wider initiatives across the Department.
- Develop, raise awareness of and ensure team adhere to best practices within all aspects of Analytics & Oversight modelling and analytics
- Be an innovator of new cutting edge practices and share innovations on all aspects of technical developments and analytics across Analytics & Oversight team.
- Lead and manage multiple workstreams, allocating work to balance task completion and team development, ensuring that all developments and analysis are of highest technical quality, can be implemented, meet business requirements and are delivered on time and to budget.
- Oversee the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation aspects of developments,using innovative approaches and exploring the use of new echnical/statistical methods.
- Ensure highest standards of design, technical competency, coding etc, is used within the team.
- A good degree in a numerate subject with knowledge of advanced statistical and analytical techniques.
- Extensive experience in the development and use of risk models in Retail Banking and expert knowledge of modern risk management techniques within Retail Banking.
- Experienced in the extraction and manipulation of data to support risk model development, e.g. defining observation periods, outcome periods, choosing a suitable "bad" definition, for scorecard models, and equivalent experience for other modelling approaches.
- Experienced and competent in the use of computer-based software and/or statistical packages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Matlab, C, C++,, JAVA. EViews) for developing predictive model suites, including on large datasets or time series of data.
- Experience of managing end to end projects and multiple stakeholder relationships effectively.
- Natural ability with numbers, with the ability to work quickly and at a high level of detail and accuracy, and a highly analytical approach to problem solving.
- A high level of creativity, drive, innovation and initiative - a self starter.