Job Description – SQL DBA
As part of the IT Infrastructure team, this role is responsible for the day to day management of the SQL estate.
?? To manage the SQL environments in a manner to ensure maximum business systems uptime is achieved.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Establish and document a continuous improvement and monitoring program in relation to the SQL environment.
• Establish a pro-active management approach to the SQL Estate.
• Participate in code reviews and provide feedback and guidance to development teams.
• Analyse, solve and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Skills and experience
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and 2016
- MS SQL Server Administration & Development (SQL Server 2008/2014/2016)
- Proficient in SQL, TSQL
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server & Release Management
- Proficient in SSRS
- Working knowledge of SQL monitoring and management programs such as Redgate
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Refine & automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
The ideal candidate will have commercial experience within an IT SQL support environment and / or has gained industry recognised IT support qualifications.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large and growing organisation and work within a proactive team environment offering future career progression.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81445016