Digital Content Designer - Shipley
Our Client is a leading Public authority who is becoming a digital business leader currently has a Content Designer positions in Shipley on a contract basis. They are looking for someone to join their Innovative, creative and friendly Team to become part of a Digital project which will be an impressive one to add to your c.v/portfolio.
Over the next few years this will completely transform how they deal with around 40 million individuals and 5 million businesses. New digital services will make it simpler, clearer and faster for customers to take control of their affairs.
They are building a team of outstanding people who will create and run these new and improved digital services and will be using modern technology and agile development methods, and release as much of our work as possible as open source software.
- Develop and manage relationships with GDS
- Develop transition plans and attend planning meetings with contacts
- Actively develop and apply content and format strategies
- Be an advocate for the department to train and develop colleagues
- scoping, commissioning, writing, editing and publishing digital content across all channels (web, mobile, social media)
- Making sure customer journeys are the best they can be
- Managing relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate
- Accountable for delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to audience, easily understood, SEO optimised) and to the department's style
- Accountable for choosing the best format for displaying information to the user - if we don't have one, we'll want you to suggest ideas or identify the gap
- Making sure appropriate policy and legal checking within other parts of government happens, and that content is published quickly and efficiently
- Monitoring the performance of content and tools and work with the Product Manager and a multi-disciplinary team to understand user behaviours and feedback
- Identifying ways to improve the content and to iteratively improve the product
- At ease working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals
- Extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- Exceptional skills in convincing people that user needs and a usable approach is the only way to present information
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Proven experience of working within a web application development environment, proficient in writing Markdown, picture sourcing and editing
- Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Experience in working with content publishing systems
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81444297