R & D Laboratory Engineer
R & D LABORATORY ENGINEER
Stoke on Trent
We are seeking a R & D Laboratory Engineer to work for a Global Blue chip organisation in Stoke on Trent.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager and working
within the R&D Function, your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support to the Operations Teams and Quality Department in the resolution of the problems encountered in the development of new and established processes.
- Prepare reports and maintain the departmental records and databases, ensure compliance with Laboratory/Companies procedures
- Maintain and update laboratory records/database to
- Analysis of customer complaints
- Responsibility for validation projects, possibly team coordination
- Planning, coordinating and conducting complex Laboratory investigations of electronic and electromechanical on-board components (for example, fuse and relay boxes) for customers in the automotive and commercial vehicle sectors, mainly in electronics, electrical engineering and environmental simulation
- Coordination of qualification and principle audits with internal and external customers as well as their coordination with specialist departments, the R & D Laboratory and partner Laboratories
- Development of test setups for electrical and mechanical validation tests
- Collaboration in R & D projects both UK based & overseas
- Completed university studies (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics, Communications Engineering) or comparable qualification
- May consider a person working towards the above
- Experience in "Lab View" programming & diagnostic analysis of programmable electronic load-banks
- Proven relevant professional experience in the field of testing electromechanical and electronic components in the automotive industry.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- High degree of creativity, teamwork, flexibility, structuring, customer orientation, analytical skills, organisational skills, resilience
- Able to travel within the UK and overseas
Please forward CV's to or telephone
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.