Citrix Systems Engineer
Citrix Systems Engineer
Purpose of role:
An industry leading organisation is seeking to recruit an experienced Citrix Systems Engineer for their Wintel team based in London.
The team is responsible for the management of the global Windows server estate, the VMWare virtualisation platform, Citrix and Cloud services. The Wintel team perform day to day support and administration of each of these technologies as well as owning the architecture and design of this element of the Infrastructure.
The Citrix System Engineer will be responsible for taking the lead on all Citrix based projects as well as BAU within the team, acting as the subject matter expert within the organisation.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Review the current Remote Access solution, remote office virtualised app deployment, and advise on 'fit for purpose';
- Performance, management and troubleshooting of the Citrix infrastructure;
- Investigate market leading technologies for replacement of the existing solution for ground up replacement based on requirements;
- Deliver a new remote access solution based on user requirements;
- Project work within a formal framework to evaluate, design and implement new software and systems;
- Experience of HP server and chassis hardware and software support;
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes;
- Providing support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users;
- Working with 3rd parties and suppliers to select and implement new technologies.
- A background in 3rd line technical support, project and engineering work for a large Microsoft environment.
- Focus around 'End User Computing' specifically Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/Netscaler
- Expert knowledge in one of the following areas, with knowledge of the other technologies:
- Citrix XenApp 6.0-7.6
- Citrix XenDesktop
- VMWare Horizon/View
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services/Remote App
- Microsoft core Infrastructure technologies: Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012 R2, Active Directory, DNS, System Center Configuration Manager and System Center Operations Manager, VMWare 5.0+, Exchange
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting for reporting and automation.
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework and an understanding of how to apply this correctly in an agile, medium sized business.
- The ability to prioritise projects, tasks and resources to deliver good results across the team.
- Good communication skills with IT staff, end users and VIPs.
- Technical knowledge and experience in more than two of the technology areas listed above.
- Technical, IT Service Management (ITIL) or Project Management (PRINCE) certifications.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the finance industry and the various functions within a financial institution.
- A desire to learn and understand more about the Business environment in which you work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81443173