Senior Field Service Engineer
Senior Field Service Engineer
Drawing on decades of experience in the signal processing world, the company are able to turn standard single mode telecoms fibre into a listening device up to 50km in length. They are rapidly expanding, with growth built on providing cutting edge solutions and excellent service to clients with security and monitoring requirements in tough environments. The system has been deployed successfully worldwide and they now have operations in over 35 countries, in industries such as Oil and Gas, Transport and Security.
To lead, manage and mentor deployment teams to achieve operational business objectives and client quality standards in system installations, for both permanent and temporary system installations of the Fibre Optic Distributed Acoustic Sensor systems, across the group of businesses.
- To plan and organise logistics, systems, equipment and personnel for system installations and testing as designated by the Operations Director, Operations Manager or Project Manager.
- The production of build and deployment drawing packs to company standards and the ensuing build and demonstration of the system(s) at Factory Acceptance Test.
- To frequently (up to 50%) lead the deployment team (comprising both internal and external personnel) on global assignments achieving successful completion of System/Site Acceptance
- Perform to company standards Test (permanent system) / System Test (demonstration).
- To produce high quality reports (video / media rich documentation / presentations) of field trials / system installations.
- To assist with prospect conversion and act as field sales force and primary point of contact to clients during installations, exhibitions, conferences.
- To deliver to client satisfaction, technical training on the use of the systems to end users, maintainers and installers.
- To assist in the system bidding process by producing technical content of bids.
- To resolve appointed client problems and queries via the companies fault reporting system.
- To liaise with the product development teams in order to provide customer and operational feedback on software features, functionality and suggested product/system improvements
- To ensure and to uphold that all works are carried out within company and client-defined Health & Safety practices as well as those standards expected within the Oil & Gas industry.
- The development and upkeep of system documentation such as installation manuals, system test procedures, operating guidelines, system specifications etc.
- The ability to plan, manage and execute installations of technical equipment in remote locations globally with limited support.
- The presentation of technical systems in a client focused way both directly and within a formal presentation environment.
- Problem-solving capabilities in computing, networking and leading technology-based technical installations.
- Highly computer literate - adaptable to a range of applications - bespoke GIS-based software, Visio/CAD computer management, multimedia, as well as standard office applications.
- Able to design and document clearly within a controlled quality system the architecture of multi-component systems.
Experience & Qualifications
- Electrical or Electronics background combined with an HNC, HND or Degree qualification
- 4 years' experience in field deployments, installation and system testing, ideally in a Oil & Gas or Transport domain.
- Proven knowledge of DAS or other relevant technology such as DTS or Optical Sensing Systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards including Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
If the position sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, please do apply before Friday 25th May 2018 to be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81444481