Commercial Accountant, Chippenham
From our Rail Automation entity, we are looking to recruit a Cost Accountant. This role will provide the Sales and Technology functions with financial control (including month end processes) and accurate forecasting. You will develop a reputation for accuracy built on strong financial control. You will be part of the finance team and will have the opportunity to build relationships with the wider bid team and key business managers. You will also have the opportunity to provide financial support to bids and the R&D department.
What are my responsibilities?
- Partner cost centre managers to ensure they have timely and accurate information regarding costs and forecasts and ensure they are accountable for the costs under their control
- To partner cost centre managers to ensure they are advised of and comply with financial policies and practices
- To co-ordinate the preparation of cost centre forecasts and presentation materials
- To ensure monthly actuals are managed and reported accurately in our Financial systems
- To continuously improve the way costs are managed and to champion value for money decision making
- To manage Investment projects to ensure all projects have a clear scope, ownership and governance structure
Supplier Financial Management
- To support the financial relationship of one of our key engineering suppliers
- To support the Engineering Project Manager with management information
- Support to the preparation of our company rates model
- Compliance with all relevant Group accounting policies
- Aim to continuously improve financial processes and systems
- Support ad hoc activities and projects where required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Part-qualified accountant (essential)
- Experience of working in multi-discipline teams
- Experience of working in a complex engineering contracting or manufacturing environment
- Experience of communicating at director level
The Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Rail Electrification.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81467665