Practice Lead Nurse
Direct Workforce are working with our well established client to recruit for Practice Lead Nurse in Doncaster, this is a private residency requiring a professional with expertise in Learning Difficulties.
The post holder will be an experienced practitioner who is able to demonstrate a very high degree of personal and professional skill in the care of people with learning disabilities, autism and whose behaviour challenges services to meet their needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the achievement of excellent outcomes for people using the service, the post holder will:
- Provide leadership, line management and support to identified Care Managers and patch teams in order to improve outcomes for people.
- Support managers and staff to identify issues and trends that may impact on outcomes, quality, safety and issues of compliance.
- Support and advise service managers and key staff with policy implementation, development and use of internal self assessment tools and care management processes.
- Ensure that person-centred approaches are promoted across all services.
- Develop and implement effective care pathways in partnership with services.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external to the group, representing company services positively and effectively.
- Ensure that identified risks are managed appropriately and assist in any required investigation, reporting and action planning to prevent reoccurrence through shared learning.
- Use advanced clinical practice and extended knowledge base to provide specialist advice to multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide, analyse, interpret and present complex data reports and information relating to the service using statistical analysis as appropriate.
- Ensure that plans are implemented within agreed timescales and include clearly defined outcomes.
- Remain up-to-date with developments in the field of learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder and behaviour that challenges (practice and research) and facilitate others in applying relevant findings to practice.
- Effectively communicate a wide range of highly complex, sensitive and difficult to understand information to staff and other agencies.
- Participate in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training material for the company to reflect changing guidance policies and procedures, presenting difficult to understand contentious concepts and explaining complex issues.
- No criminal record including convictions, cautions, reprimands, bindings over or warnings
- Registered Nurse RNLD and or RMN
- Clean DBS Check
- Relevant Management Qualification ideal but not essential
- Four to five years post registration experience in working with people with learning disabilities
- Experience of successfully managing regulated services within the private sector
- Track record of achieving operational and commercial targets
- Experience of complex care planning, risk management and positive behaviour support
- Experience of effective budget and resource management
This is a permanent full-time position in Doncaster, salary £35,190 per annum.