ITS DESIGN ENGINEER
Role Title: ITS Design Engineer
Reporting to: Team Leader, ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) Design
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Role Purpose: To undertake traffic signal and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) design and installation projects using traffic control technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* To be responsible for undertaking traffic signal design and implementation projects.
* To be responsible for undertaking Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) design and implementation projects.
* Produce and check controller configuration forms and technical specifications.
* Produce and check construction and scheme tender documents.
* Checking controller configurations at Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
* Carrying out Site Acceptance Tests (SAT).
* To liaise with and assist with managing contractors.
* To work with colleagues in the Commercial and Construction teams to deliver projects.
* To ensure that designs comply with the CDM Regulations.
* Work to the required quality, programme and budget, whilst complying with local and national standards/specifications.
* To provide project progress, budgetary and performance information.
* To actively seek efficiencies in all activities.
* Line management and development of junior staff.
* To deputise for senior staff in the team as required.
* Provide support/advice to the Design team and the ITS Maintenance team as required.
* Prepare project briefs and scheme estimates for traffic control/ITS projects as required
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of traffic signal and ITS design and implementation and/or operation and maintenance. Or ability to apply existing demonstrable knowledge and experience of highways design, or relevant utility/ communications/technology/SmartCity fields to the traffic signal/ITS field.
* Ability to produce designs and technical specifications for traffic signal or ITS schemes, highways designs, or utilities/communications projects.
* Knowledge and application of relevant design standards and specifications.
* Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including CDM Regulations.
* Proven experience of consistently delivering projects to quality, programme and budget.
* Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
* Project management experience
* Ability to manage junior staff to deliver ITS Design service
* Familiar with traffic signal control strategies including VA, UTC/SCOOT and MOVA.
* Experience of liaising with contractors.
* Experience of working with UTMC systems or other relevant electronic control and management systems.
* Experience of using LINSIG software or similar to model traffic signal junctions.
* Experience of undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance testing (SAT)/commissioning and validation.
* Ability to prepare reports with a high technical content.
* Ability to write controller configuration forms and technical specifications.
* Ability to deliver projects to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Ability to deputise for senior staff in the team.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81447674