Purchase Ledger Clerk
Are you a motivated and professional Purchase Ledger Clerk seeking work in the Newcastle area?
Are you looking for a leading employer that will offer you clear progression, training and development?
Our client is a leading brand name based in Newcastle and is seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a permanent basis
To ensure suppliers to the company are paid correctly and in a timely manner, ensuring that all costs to the business are classified correctly and that all queries relating to the purchase ledger are dealt with promptly and conclusively.
* To work as a team covering various entities within the Group, to process all purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner (including any inter company invoices, paper suppliers, overheads and foreign entities)
* Match up goods received notes with purchase invoices and conclude any inaccuracies or issues
* Identify, log and work with suppliers and internal departments to resolve all invoice queries, managing an end result as quickly as possible.
* Reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger, identify reconciling items/issues (including reviewing open cost lines), ensure all necessary items are actioned and chased up, with full back up documentation attached - ready for payments to be processed.
* Liaise with suppliers regarding payment of accounts.
* To ensure all documentation/letters/emails are answered promptly and accurately.
* Housekeeping of GRNI/Purchase creditors/WIP reports - ensuring only valid current items are on the system.
* Process amex file and rebate and ensure invoices are matched against payment on supplier accounts.
* Processing of company expenses and submission to payroll in a timely manner to fit with payroll closure deadlines - to manage internal partners to ensure all submissions are on time.
* To file finance documents accurately, ensuring easy retrieval for others.
* To create a positive impression of the Finance team and to foster excellent working relationships with partners around the business - this includes the Group Finance Team at Head Office.
* To assist the wider Finance team during internal/external audit inspections
* Extensive experience of significantly complex purchase ledger operations and database systems in a complex corporate environment
* Excellent customer care skills
* Excellent team working and communication skills
* Experience of MS Word and Excel for administrative and statistical analysis purposes
To apply for the above role please send cv
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81442224