Commercial Finance Manager, leading product design company
We are working with a leading product design company that creates innovative and distinctive products for key retailers and corporate brands worldwide.
The company have an exciting opportunity for a talented Commercial Finance Manager to join the team taking on the responsibility of embedding a culture of financial business partnering with all functions within the company while leading commercial decision support.
This key Senior Management position will report into the Finance Director and will sit within the senior management team so requires a flair for leadership, confidence and natural gravitas.
A typical day in this Commercial Finance position:
- Business partnering with heads of departments to provide financial support in the decision-making process.
- Acting as a consolidation point for reporting the monthly performance of all business units.
- Developing standardised business modelling within the company to enable ROI based scenario planning.
- Building and maintaining great internal and external relationship.
- Managing costings and margin across the business and identifying opportunities and risks.
- Taking responsibility for systems from a Finance perspective and look to drive technological innovation to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Begin to implement an analysis culture, ranging from external customer and competitor analysis to internal performance analysis.
- Owning the business cycle of budgeting and forecasting.
The ideal candidate for this Commercial Finance role will be / have:
- Qualified accountant with at least 2 years post qualified experience.
- FMCG experience desirable.
- Trustworthy, approachable and professional, have the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Gravitas to be able business partner and act as a peer at a senior level.
- Experience of using Xero desirable.
- Ability to learn bespoke systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Resilient, positive and ambitious.
- Be able to give examples of where you have applied a systematic approach to understanding problems, clearly evaluating and presenting options, whilst considering the intended audience and best approach to reaching consensus behind the optimum outcome.
- Uses experience and data-based rationale to make and support decisions of the business that optimise the commercial performance and value creation for the company.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441893