INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known retailer that specialises in products for the home. They are in the Top 100 fastest growing retailers, a gold winner in 2017 for Employer of the Year. Offering a challenging, fun and dynamic culture they are looking to add talented individuals into their workforce in order to keep up with the rapid growth they are experiencing.
Established in America, they are now a global company and require an Industrial Engineer to join their Lutterworth Depot.
The Industrial Engineer will be a key member of the Industrial Engineering team. They will identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. Develop and revise (as needed) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for each functional operation while ensuring SOP’s are updated and adhered to on a consistent basis.
They will have experience in conducting Motion and Time Studies for the development of future engineered labour standards. Support the development of RFP’s as needed, perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology.
- Provides engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Assists a team with the building and development of a network Labour Management System
- Space planning and layout design (AutoCAD)
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Works under guidance of on site management – collaboration with stakeholders is of first importance in this role.
Location – Lutterworth (Travel will be required - 20%)
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- A good technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
Apply for This Job
If you feel this job opportunity is the right one for you- Please use the apply link!
We will review your application as soon as possible and contact you if you are successful.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441462