Special Needs Teaching Assistant - SEN TA
- Sutton based Special Needs School
- working with ASD, SLD and PMLD children
- Recent OfSTED rating - Good with Outstanding Features
- September Start
- Full Time Post
- £70 - £90 per day
- Permanent Contract Awarded Subject to Performance
- Interviewing 25th - 29th June
I am seeking to appoint a number of enthusiastic, dedicated and adaptable individuals with SEN knowledge to a number of Special Needs Teaching Assistant - SEN TA roles for September 2018. The successful applicants will be joining a team of dedicated professionals at a well respected and progressive special needs school in the London Borough of Sutton. The school are seeking to appoint between 6 and 10 new staff from September to bolster their existing team as the school goes through a period of planned expansion.
This school has recently been rated as good with outstanding features by OfSTED inspectors and the summer will mark the start of a new era as work nears completion on new facilities including a number of new classrooms, a refurbished sensory annex featuring a state of the art sensory room, new soft pay area and a large new therapy area including a new pool and physiotherapy and speech and language therapy rooms. This is a popular and well regarded local authority funded special school for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Severe Learning Difficulties/Complex Needs, including behaviour that challenges and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
These roles will be full time only and will involve covering for teacher absence as and when directed. You will also be responsible for the the development of a specialist area in the School (linked to a named teacher with overall responsibility). The job will entail supporting teaching and learning in class, providing personal care where required and working as part of an integrated team including the class teacher, other TAs and various therapists.
This position will be paid on a timesheet basis for the first 12 months through Reeson Education at which point permanent contracts will be awarded subject to performance.
THE IDEAL SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHING ASSISTANT - SEN TA
- You will have a passion for enabling pupils with ASD, SLD and PMLD to achieve their aspirations, outcomes and targets in their learning journey, working towards a successful transition into adulthood.
- You will have previous experience working within the UK education sector
- You will have experience of working with children who have SEN in either a mainstream or special school provision
- You will have basic PECS and Makaton skills though training will be provided
- Team Teach trained applicants will be at an advantage although this training will be provided to all staff on inset days at the beginning of September
- GCSE Maths and English Grades A - C or equivalent required for permanent contracts
- Candidates will be expected to have at least an NVQ3 or equivalent qualification or be working towards this.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- You must be able to provide recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81470264