Lead Software Engineer Developer Java Python AWS Finance London
Lead Software Engineer (Java J2SE J2EE Python AWS Microservices Micro Services Docker Agile Pair Programming React Angular Software Engineer Senior Developer Programmer Finance Asset Management Finance London) required by my asset management client in London. You MUST have the following experience:
- Advanced experience as a Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer in a cross-functional Agile Scrum environment
- Front office trading, ideally on the buy side with an asset manager, investment manager or hedge fund
- Coding ability in either Java or Python
- DevOps - Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment OR Configuration Management
- Agile including pair programming
The following would be DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Development and release of an application in Amazon Web Services- AWS
- Microservices (micro services, micro-services)
- Hashicorp suite - Vagrant, Terraform, Vault
Role: Lead Software Engineer (Java Python Developer/Programmer) required by our asset management client in London. You will join a brand-new cross-functional team of 6, including 4 developers, a tester and a business analyst. The team's aim, for the first 2 years, will be to replace an in-house built application in Java or Python and launch it in AWS. The product will be for portfolio management, allowing portfolio managers to assess their investments and make trading decisions. 80-90% of the product will be brand new with microservice architecture. The design decisions will be made in the next 3 months with an 18-month roadmap already outlined.
The environment will be very Agile, including pair-programming, CI and CD. The technologies will be Java and Python with Docker, Terraform and Jenkins.
This is an excellent opportunity to enter a rapidly progressive department that is receiving significant investment from the business.
Salary: £90k - 120k + 15% Pension + 20% Bonus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441447