My client, an international consultancy based in Cambridge are expanding and currently recruiting for a qualified Financial Accountant to join their highly successful team.
This position would suit a recently qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant seeking to further his or her career. It is important that you are technically astute as this role is a mix of financial and management accounting. It also requires the individual to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders globally. You will take responsibility for all aspects of financial accounting, including:
- Manage and monitor month end commentary explaining variances in balances from budgets, forecasts and prior periods to be used by senior management during review
- Review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and act as an escalation point for any issues
- Preparation of certain month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing technical accounting advice within the finance team and to business areas as required
- Prepares and analyses schedules and reports for management review whilst understanding the impact to company financials
- Annual audit liaison including preparation of statutory accounts
- Performs and leads special projects as assigned
- To work within the wider finance team to improve and harmonise accounting practices
- Ensure that activities of the team are efficient and commercially viable by reviewing current processes to identify improvements and facilitate the required changes
- Engage with the business to improve the reputation and effectiveness of Accounting and Compliance
- Play an active role within the team in further improving the Finance environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified with circa 2 years PQE
- Financial services sector experience beneficial but not essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Advanced organisational skills, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Dynamic, driven and confident
- Problem solving skills and a solutions provider
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441397