Finance Management Accountant - Retail
This retailer on the Channel Islands is looking for a Management Accountant to support their business growth & be instrumental to the wider leadership team of the business.
The company has the local knowledge, infrastructure and expertise for their expanding retail stores and it's an exciting time to join a fast-paced environment.
The roles and responsibilities of the position include -
- Timely preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Assisting the Financial Controller in preparing the year-end audit files
- business partnering with the 5 heads of to ensuring optimum cash management and profit making and highlighting any loss areas.
- Processing of monthly payroll
- Preparing monthly payroll reconciliation and reporting of joiners and leavers per store
- Assisting the Financial Controller in the performance against budget
- Preparing reports for weekly board meetings
- Preparing monthly revenue reconciliation
- Reviewing payment runs and ensuring payments are only to valid suppliers
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Day-to-day management of the nominal ledger.
- Reviewing business development costs for items to capitalize and monthly reconciliations / analysis of all balance sheet accounts
- Effective supervision of the Accounts Assistant
Required Qualifications, Qualities & Experience include -
- Experienced Management Accounts
- Accountancy within a Retail, customer facing or commercial business is essential
- Ideally CIMA qualified but ACCA would be considered
- Previous Sage experience is desirable
Relocating to the Channel Islands represents a fantastic opportunity and lifestyle that you perhaps cannot obtain in the UK; lower tax rate and social security (on average an extra 4-6k per annum compared to the UK!) This is one of the sunniest places in the British Isles & as VAT has not been levied in the Channel, luxury goods have often been cheaper than in the UK or in France.
This role will be situated to an individual who going over and above for their team, is hands on and can be proud to deliver for their team and business. Though they appreciate that this is a big move they are very committed in making the relocation and on-boarding as seamless as possible. They will book initial hotel bookings & flights and you will receive full visa to work on the island. They will also assist with relocation costings to help you find a property. Other benefits include bonuses (profit related), pension, private healthcare and staff discount.
If the role is suitable to your needs & you re open for a change of scenery! If this opportunity sounds of interest, please send your CV quoting the reference Q103885.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81464332