Network Architect - DV Cleared
12 Months +
- Defines major technical projects for customers or Services, influencing their view of acceptable investment level.
- Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
- Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
- May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
- Determines the approach to whole classes of business, leading and influencing others in the development of new offerings.
- Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
- Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
- Communicates the impact of emerging technologies on customer and Services business to senior level customers and Services businesses.
- Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the knowledge base.
- Network Architect, covering WAN and LAN (Network Generalist)
- Creation of WAN/LAN Services solution taking into account migration concerns
- Costs of the Services in standard CCM Format
- Raise RAID entries
- Update Management Team on Weekly bases on status of architecture and costs
- SPOC for H&NS Aspects of the Architecture
- Support Lead architect
Key Performance Indicators
- Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions. Regularly has technical strategies, architectures and proposals, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant Business Approval review, without any requirement for significant proposal changes.
- Authors design and test documents for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies and manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
- Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
- Documented feedback, from customers and/or sales, that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customers' business have been developed as a result of working with the customer to understand their business strategy
Mandatory Skills Required:
- DV Cleared
- Detail Understanding of WAN/ LAN Architecture and services offering from H&NS (Including PSN, WAN , LAN and gateways)
- Experience in bid documentation
- Experience in logging RAID entries
- Knowledge of costing services and updating
- Be conformant to the Business Assurance governance process
- Authors high level design documents for major solutions, managing design requirements and implementation teams and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
- Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer and business representatives.
- Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81440454