Project Engineer / Stress Engineer
Melbreck Technical are working with a leading designer and manufacturer of special purpose equipment for the Aerospace sector who are based in Dorset.
As a Project engineer / Stress Engineer will be responsible for, or assisting in, the innovation and development of new products and improving existing designs.
You will also be responsible for producing, or assisting in, initial design concepts and following them through all aspects of design, prototypes and trials into full-scale production.
In order to be successful in this role you will need the following experience and attributes:
- Possess Mechanical Design experience, preferably including knowledge of welding terminology;
- 3 years experience minimum working within an aerospace or defence related industry/business
- Be experienced in Aerospace standards/design;
- Be familiar with UK Defence Standards for Design and Safety:
- Have an understanding of stress/hand calculations;
- Be proficient in Solid Works or Catia V5 modelling as well as 2D drafting and have a full appreciation of Geometrical Design/Drawing and Tolerancing;
- Possess a good understanding of machine shop processes/appreciation of design for manufacture;
- Have experience in leading design reviews;
- Possess excellent communication and IT skills.
The salary is negotiable for the right candidate and there are opportunities to become a more senior member of team, in the future.
If you are looking for a new role and this sounds like an opportunity you would like to know more about then please get in contact ASAP with the the following reference number #2177
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81446226