Senior Java Developer
My Non-For-Profit Reading based client seeks a dynamic, well versed and technically astute Senior Java Developer (VERSION 7 OR VERSION 8) with minimum of 7-8 years solid working experience of the following; Java 8, REST & Hibernate OR JPA. ANY SPRING, MICROSERVICES, ANGULARJS ARE A BONUS BUT NOT ESSENTIAL.
The successful Senior Java Developer will ideally have Full Stack development experience and work with development teams to create new applications, enhancements and defect fixes. Coding will need to follow the client's design and coding standards, and will need to be clear, concise and performant.
As Java 7 / 8 Developer / Software Engineer you should be able to work with back-end technologies, including Java 8, REST & Hibernate OR JPA. ANY SPRING, MICROSERVICES, ANGULARJS ARE A BONUS BUT NOT ESSENTIAL.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing requirements and user stories, and providing estimates for implementation. Subsequently refining estimates as required.
- Working with the Architect and Design team to produce software designs.
- Working in concert with an offshore team, including reviewing their code, to deliver working solutions over the duration of each sprint.
- Leading technical implementation, advising and guiding on appropriate patterns, approaches, structures and coding standards.
- Produce functioning code, interfaces and other software deliverables to a high standard, in line with estimates.
- Peer reviewing others' deliverables, including code, interfaces and designs.
- Engaging with business owners and stakeholders in 'show-and-tell' sessions. These may be performed using partial or incomplete functionality, and the developer will need to capture feedback for inclusion.
- Supporting and mentoring other colleagues, including developers, DBAs, reporting experts and partners.
STRONG Java 8, REST & Hibernate OR JPA. ANY SPRING, MICROSERVICES, ANGULARJS ARE A BONUS BUT NOT ESSENTIAL.
To see all our new vacancies, as they arise, please subscribe to our Twitter feed @NWPeople or see the home page of our website
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81445104