Voice Software Engineer
Job Role: Voice Software Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: £350 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or willing to undergo
Voice Software Engineer - Contract - South-Wales - £350 per day - SC or willing to undergo
- All software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated software development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired "technical" expertise.
- The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be identified against plans.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the business on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
- Planned versus Actual metrics for cost, time and quality against completed Work Packages.
- To design and develop the equipment identified in the Software Development Plan in line with project delivery milestones.
- To support the design and development of critical components where decisions may impact project timescales significantly.
- To provide technical guidance to fellow team members.
Tasks and Challenges:
- The primary focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Analytical - To identify and isolate errors in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
- Ingenuity - To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
- Needs to understand and devise intricate solutions to complex problems after lengthy and involved analysis
- Needs sustained technical understanding of all issues required to produce software for complex equipment
Management Challenge (if placed in team lead role):
- Needs to control the work of the software team to deliver the allocated project Work Packages
- Needs to use political and influencing skills to reach agreement on software matters with customers, project management, and engineering and support teams
- Must have experience of software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Must have experience of the full project lifecycle.
- Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in software methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting.
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Experience of Requirements Management
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Experience of using one or more of the following tools/development environments: Eclipse, GCC, GIT, SVM project planning tools - highly desirable (e.g. Microsoft Project)
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81445442