Capita IT Resourcing are currently partnered with a leading provider of finance/accountancy software in their search for a Lead Developer.
The successful candidate will be hands-on developing for the systems and concurrently will have responsibility for managing 2 developers. You will have direct responsibility for the maintenance and enhancement of their internal and external web-based systems. Projects include improving the existing UI and moving towards an API-driven approach for their applications. This is a position where you will be producing code on a daily basis as well as managing the development team.
- You will be directly responsible for managing the team's workflow to meet their project delivery deadlines by emphasising communication and co-ordinating accordingly.
- Manage the internal web development team.
- You will be responsible for maintaining existing web based applications which include their current internal admin systems and future proof it using architectures such as MVC.
- Manage the projects.
- Creative approach to designing their product.
- High-level system design.
- Release management and Sprint Planning.
- Write the specific requirements and system design for their internal customers.
- 5 years' experience managing teams and project delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and leading Agile teams
- Good communication and co-ordination skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise workloads
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good customer focus
- The passion for building peoples capabilities
- The knowledge to effectively use your resources
- PHP (Perl / Python or other scripting language will be considered)
- Experience of MVC frameworks, ideally Symfony but others such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Yii would be considered
- Unit testing in PHP
- Experience of web application development including web services, RESTful APIs, OAuth and other technologies.
If this role is of interest, please apply using the link below to be put under immediate consideration and I will be in touch.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81446224