Software & IT Support Apprentice
Do you want to work for a company that is forefront of the technology industry? Then look no further!
Baltic Training and Cortex are delighted to be recruiting for a Software and IT Support Apprentice to become part of a dynamic and exciting software support team. Cortex is a rapidly growing technology company based in Southampton. Cortex’s software is a business automation and orchestration platform, with a visual programming language and web-based development environment.
Our reputation for innovative solutions and quality service depends on our people, so training and personal development are key. In addition to learning on the job and from peers, access is provided to online training resources, and attendance at conferences and third-party courses is supported.
We provide a dynamic working environment. Located in the heart of Southampton city centre, our new, customised office has an informal break out space with pool table, and fruit, breakfast and coffee provided. There’s a great social scene across the organisation, with regular informal social events, company Christmas parties and summer BBQs.
A wise man once said, “The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow” Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and break down barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in a way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you’re looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
The role will primarily be on assisting two main areas: Cortex Software support and Internal IT.
Main duties will include:
- Service Desk and Cortex Software support logging all incoming cases using the incident management procedure. This work is second and third line software support for the Cortex Product and involves active problem solving, working closely with the development team, management of client’s needs and development of the Cortex Knowledge Base.
- Supporting a busy Internal IT infrastructure, using the latest technologies from vendors such as Microsoft and VMWare. Responsible for the network, servers, virtual machines and workstation of the business; IT Administration tasks include backups, inventory management and networking tasks.
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Business Processes
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Good time management skills.
- Organised, friendly and approachable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills
- “Can do” approach
- Team Player
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude.
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Maths and English
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Cortex actively seeks apprentices who want to progress onto Level 4 programmes and for successful candidates offer a typical salary of £16,000 which allow you to take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £12,000 annual
- 40 hours per week
- 20 days Holiday
Location and Travel:
Located within walking distance of Southampton Central station and a number of local bus routes the company is based in the heart of the bustling city and is easily accessible.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81443785