Technical Analyst - Software Development, AGILE, Scrum
A great opportunity for a proactive and motivated Technical Analyst to be a key member of a growing development team based in in Maidstone, working independently and acting as the conduit between end user and systems. You will work as part of the software development team to ensure they have the best chance of delivering viable changes aligned to business need with minimal risk to the system.
Day to day task will include:
- High level requirements definition, comparing the current state with the potential future state (as is vs to be). Includes process modelling and using detailed knowledge of existing systems to propose new solutions.
- Collecting, understanding and articulating the business requirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
- Work with specialist testers or autonomously to ensure that captured requirements are testable and able to be traced from detailed test cases.
- Gain and share understanding of existing processes and functions alongside expert knowledge of existing systems to provide solutions as required.
- Work closely with developers and architects to gain an understanding of technical limitations and possibilities for systems in order to provide a realistic bridge between requirement and solution.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand requirements around existing and proposed processes and systems, developing effective working relationships and on-going management processes for projects.
- Understand the on-going pipeline of changes and maintain a backlog of items prioritised by the business, and feed into Agile sprint planning and execution. At time, operate as proxy product owner in Scrum.
- To assist the Test Manager in the design and execution the test scenarios and test scripts.
- Awareness of Service desk incidents in order to drive proactive solution provisioning / propose application enhancements / updates.
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be proactive and self-managing – highly motivated
- Be a superb communicator and will understand, explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Have experience of running workshops for requirements clarification and evaluation
- Have knowledge of good quality development processes including code review, unit test, coding standards, appropriate documentation
- Have a strong understanding of working in an Agile development environment with specific knowledge of SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
- Have superior documentation skills – functional designs, functional and non-functional requirements; use cases; process mapping, acceptance criteria
- Be confident in providing support and advice for testing and QA functions within the SDLC
- Have experience of using Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Have knowledge of good quality processes including peer review and documentation standards
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81445521