Battery Test Technician
Job Description For Vacancy No: 239645L
Consultant: Lewis Cross
Company Profile: Our client is Europe's leading automotive test and development centre.
Job Location: Bedfordshire
Job Position: Battery Test Technician
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: A key position within our client's newly formed Battery Test team Propulsion division. The position will be responsible for operating the Battery Test Facility to provide a Durability testing service to our clients. This service extends to round the clock cover to ensure a continuous operation and minimum prove out duration for the DUT. Responsibilities will include operation, basic setup and diagnostics including day to day maintenance of the Battery Test Cells.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- HND in Engineering or equivalent (preferred).
- HV Batteries (preferably Automotive).
- HV Battery testing (Durability and Abuse).
- Powertrain testing (preferred).
- Experience with AVL Puma and/or Kratzer PA Tools.
- Aware of Electrical HV connectivity techniques.
- Able to complete Mechanical assembly and fabrication.
- Able to complete Electrical wiring assemblies (preferred).
- Contribute to the Build, Process definition, setup and commissioning stage of the Battery Test Facilities.
- Flexibility to travel as and when required.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Operates Battery Testing Facilities.
- Provides HV Battery preparation and strip service for Customers.
- Day to day maintenance and housekeeping of Facilities.
- Provides basic level of Facility breakdown diagnostics and resolution.
- Able to complete basic Test Automation Setup and Configuration.
- Action and follow Test and Operational derived Risk Assessments.
- Ensures safe Operating Procedures are in place for all HV Battery related activity.
Please note: This role is a Rolling 4 on 4 off pattern working early late and night shifts - Please only apply if this is something you can consider.
All candidates have to eligible for SC clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81444162