Java Technical Lead - AWS, Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, API
The Bridge IT have partnered with a team of Engineers who build SaaS software to help e-commerce retailers create and deliver great content experiences for their customers. They need a Java Technical Lead to help manage, design and build cloud based solutions in which major e-commerce sites rely on their work, sending more than 1 billion API calls a day. You will be joining a multi talented team comprising UI and Java Developers, and DevOps Engineers. Collaboration is key as each team relies on the other's expertise to solve problems and produce high quality solutions. Most things you build will have full stack implications, often involving new technologies and require creative thinking.
Some of the technologies you will work with in their systems are cloud native, they make use of Amazon Web Services, allowing the team to build reliable and scalable software. The back end systems are largely Java using lightweight frameworks like JAX-RS or Spring Boot. They combine this with a range of supporting technologies including Cassandra, Solr Cloud, Hadoop and many AWS managed services. On the front end mostly single page applications, built using AngularJS and modern build processes like Gulp and Sass. They maintain an open source library of front end components for their customers to use. This is all managed and deployed by the DevOps teams using tech like Cloudformation and Puppet.
We are looking for a Java Technical Lead where on a Day to day you will manage a team and help design and build cloud Java micro services. Some of the skills and experience required for the role are:
- Experience as a scrummaster or team lead.
- Specifically organising the team, owning the quality of the team's technical product as well as mentoring and motivating the people you work with
- You have a very strong understanding of Java, object oriented programming and design patterns
- You have built medium or large Java applications, requiring you to use frameworks like Spring and solve associated problems like dependency injection, configuration and modularization
- You are principled about technology and have opinions about programming and tools
- An understanding of software architecture
- Automated testing principles
- Experience with specific technologies describe above
You will be offered a salary between £55,000 - £65,000 with a bonus of up to 20%, with a great pension contribution and work from home options. If you are interested in learning more please give Justin a call on 0113 385 8550 or .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81439861