C++ Systems Engineer Kettering £35,000 - £48,000
C++ Systems Engineer: Kettering: £35,000 - £48,000 + package
Broster Buchanan are working with a growing business who are looking for two Systems Engineer's to focus on design, develop and test software for a warehouse management and control systems based on my clients bespoke warehouse system products. My client curernt technology stack is C++, Linux and Java with some C# Winforms, however they are looking to grow thier .Net core skillset.
As Systems Engineer you will:
- Develop software as per the system and module design documentation produced for projects, adhering to SOLID principles.
- Use agreed company standards so that work can be easily understood, checked, and maintained by others.
- Carry out unit testing to ensure that the software performs as per the design
- Develop software within the time specified, or provide early feedback where this is not possible.
- Use experience gained on previous projects and in previous companies to challenge design where there is a more appropriate solution.
- Use the agreed change control mechanism to do so
- Use the issue logging system (currently Jira) to report upon faults in core package software.
- Use the company development tools and computer systems provided for your role
- Provide support to the client/commissioning team during early life
- Assist with software build deliveries to test and site environments
- Strong C++, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience of C#.NET 4.0+ programming background
- Good understanding of Restful APIs, mobile architecture and modern web frameworks
- Reporting to the Systems Project Manager on a given project.
- Liaising with and taking direction from the Systems Architect on a given project.
- Reporting to systems line management (for career development, training, appraisals etc.).
- Collaboration with peer group.
- Collaboration with and occasionally taking direction from Senior Systems Engineers if appropriate
This is a great opportunity to join a business that is delivering exciting new solutions to its client and hence is going through period of rapid growth. They offer an excellent working environment and a real work / life balance culture.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441039