Network Design Engineer
Job Role: Network Design Engineer
Location: South-East Wales
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: £400-£450 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Cleared
Network Design Engineer - Contract - South-East Wales - £400-£450 per day - SC Cleared
A Network Design Engineer is expected to be an expert in his/her field and thus be able to apply their knowledge to network design tasks and provide individual technical contributions within a design team. This role is for an individual with expertise and experience to Cisco CCNP certification level plus also knowledge of Juniper JUNOS and a demonstrable record of data network design experience
The Network Design Engineer will work as a member of the PSN Network Design Engineering team and be allocated to support PSN Core projects.
The Network Design Engineer will report to the Network Solution Design Manager / designated technical lead with respect to project requirements and, functionally, to the Functional Manager within the Network Design Engineering Department.
- Provide technical proposals / designs to the Network Solution Design Manager / designated technical lead on the allocated project ensuring that all activities are carried out as requested.
- Document aspects such as - but not limited to - proposed designs, rationale for design decisions and agreements reached with both internal and external parties, as required by project objectives.
- Present designs at reviews, including rationale for design decisions, with ability to address and respond to observations to ensure success of the review.
- Work in a professional manner, ensuring that company processes are adhered to.
- To use his/her own experience and initiative to suggest improvements where necessary to the design solutions and processes within the Network Design Engineering group.
- Maintain his/her own technical knowledge and engineering methodology on both deployed and fixed communications by agreeing a training and development plan with his/her Functional Manager.
- Ensure that all allocated work is carried out in an efficient manner and is completed to time and to budget.
- Ensure that all design and delivery documentation produced is correctly configuration controlled according to company procedures.
- Experience of devices and techniques for assurance of network security. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations. A good understanding of the cost/benefit implications of various design decisions. Knowledge of the Government PSN framework services Knowledge of PKI solutions as they apply to data networks.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years Data Network design experience with particular emphasis on detailed design from requirements to realisation.
- Familiar with key vendor network portfolio such as Cisco and Juniper
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Cleared. If you do not hold an active SC Cleared please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81444100