Networking and RF Field Engineer
The vacancy is for an engineer who is experienced in the fields of both RF and networking and who will join an existing team in our Network Services Support Engineering department. You will ideally know the fundamentals of Radio Frequency and an aspect of its use such as mobile communications or WiFi. Also knowledge of IT and IP networking with its associated components such as switches, routers and servers.
Our client, based in Chesham, is an international OEM with multiple manufacturing locations across the globe. They provide market leading technology to the Defence, Marine and Aerospace sectors. As a Networking and RF Field Engineer, you will be required to work from the office, and also the field.
The key responsibilities for the Networking and RF Field Engineer
- Some certifications in RF, wireless technologies or networking essential
- Proven experience in network and wireless systems and telecommunications
- Working with IT systems and software deployment
- Must be motivated, detail orientated, highly organised and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Experienced in configuring software based network management systems
- Knowledge of mobile wireless communications GSM-R/GSM/UMTS/Tetra
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to deal effectively with customers with the desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients
- Experience of installation and configuration of radio and networking equipment plus troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expected to have a solid understanding and hands-on experience with RF instrumentation and tools
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of working and travelling overseas
The successful Networking and RF Field Engineer should have the following skill set:
- Troubleshooting of HW and SW in RF repeaters on site, including fibre optic installations
- Resolving issues of software alarm forwarding and monitoring systems
- Providing support to our customers via telephone support desk (rota) and by e-mail
- Make commissioning and optimisation of repeater RF coverage solutions
- Installation of servers and SQL database software systems
- Maintain good relationships with customers
- Document all work
- Produce customer training documentation
- Perform surveys and RF measurements on site
- Working on RF in road and rail tunnel environment
- Extensive overseas travel to carry out defined responsibilities
Competitive salary - access to company pool car - great benefits including flexible working hours, and 12% pension contribution.
Please call to discuss in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81443689