A transport company based in the West Midlands are currently searching for a SharePoint Developer to start a new role in Birmingham immediately for a 3 month contract (rate TBC).
Purpose of the role:
- To provide a customer focused, reliable and flexible support service for the business.
- SharePoint & Office 365 developer with the passion for building solutions using the Microsoft SharePoint platform.
- Build on an existing SharePoint solution in line with the evolving Digital Workplace strategy.
- Enabling Service Areas to operate effectively and efficiently using technology.
- Constantly seek to improve existing sites and applications based on new technologies and Office 365 and SharePoint features.
- Maintain existing SharePoint solutions and implement strong supporting governance.
- Build custom business applications with out-of-the-box features and extend with custom scripts and coded applications.
- Evaluate existing systems, solutions and processes and provide ideas for improvement.
- Research and understand emerging practices (as you will be working on new Microsoft APIs and Microsoft platforms).
- Implementation and customisation of SharePoint-based solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search.
- Develop, deploy and maintain client side rendering scripts and SPFx components.
- Author and execute PowerShell scripts that automate routine administrative tasks.
- Reviewing, implementing and maintaining search services, including defining and expanding search schema.
- Drive adoption and usage of Office 365 & SharePoint solutions.
- To provide prompt support from telephone, intranet and email requests to ensure operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible and within the IT Service Level Agreements.
- Provide help and guidance to customers of Office 365 including SharePoint Online, in order that they can make maximum use of IT and make training recommendations where appropriate.
- Lead the implementation of designed solutions including testing and documentation with guidance and ongoing support.
- To produce standard configurations, documentation and procedures in order to streamline support processes and produce efficiencies within IT Services.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on SharePoint development experience creating SharePoint features and solutions including apps, content types, client-side rendering scripts and SPFx components (webparts and field customisers).
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81438520