DevOps - Technical Lead
DevOps Lead, London, £90k base + £10k London Weighting + Benefits + Bonus (10%-50% PB) Total Package = £130K
A London based Global commodities trader is seeking a highly skilled DevOps Technical Lead to help craft solutions for the varying projects in their new programme. This will include working on new systems and solutions or improving their existing systems. This programme directly supports a sophisticated trading community hungry for creative tools and you will be paramount in delivering this.
As the DevOps Technical Lead you will work with the Solution Manager, Global Trading and will partner with offshore counterparts to own the development and support capability within Global Trading platform.
They are looking to derive competitive advantage and commercial differentiation from the use of technology in their trading activity. You will be operating new applications, tools and services to provide that capability.
In this role, you will:
- Lead an Agile, business facing development team to build, develop and operate applications, tools, and services for the Global Trading platform. The team is multi-functional and includes .NET and Java Developers, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, QA Engineers, etc.
- Provide technical leadership for the Scrum team, resolve conflicts and be a catalyst for creative, high quality development within a collaborative team environment.
- Have extensive technical knowledge to help ensure smooth running of their critical trading application portfolio.
- Drive the evaluation, adoption, management, and optimisation of various DevOps tools (TFS, Git, AppDynamics etc.)
- Enjoy working in a dynamic technical landscape comprising legacy pillars to microservices as they transition their applications to a containerised, cloud platform.
- Understand, appreciate, and follow the Scrum framework, TDD, and BDD.
- Work closely with product owners, traders and senior leaders in IT and commercial teams, to agree project objectives and ensure effective and efficient implementation of features and applications.
- Be open to change and a strong advocate for new technology and methods.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- User Interface design skills, with WPF
- Development skills in Java and/or .NET
- Understand, appreciate, and follow TDD, and BDD
- DevOps tools (TFS, Git, AppDynamics etc.)
- Experience working in a team that promotes positive collaboration to achieve shared goals
- Experience leading a technology team in a high pressure, dynamic industry or business area
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Business knowledge of commodity or financial trading
- Experience working in commodity or financial markets front or middle office technology team
- Good understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded programme design.
- Experience of Cloud hosted applications, containerization and Platform as a Service (eg Redhat Openshift)
- Experience working in a global, geographically dispersed teams
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81438471