Principal Auditor - Programmes and Change Management
To ensure a consistently high quality of service to all clients, including the carrying out of audit work, the maintenance of audit records and working papers and the presentation of results and reports
Our client are a forward thinking, customer facing local authority based in Truro
The Key responsibilities for this Principal Auditor - Programmes and Change Management based in Truro are:
- Provide independent assurance over change / project deliverables and risk consultancy services to the Council
- With no supervision, deliver high quality programme / projects and change management audits and focused audit opinions, to budget and within timescale, that positively influence key stakeholders to embed risk management and internal control practices and to improve the overall strength of the control framework
- Independently develop and implement a robust plan for assuring major and high risk programmes, projects and change management initiatives across the Council, bringing to this an understanding of the risk environment, materiality and the control framework
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff and other Principal Auditors ensuring that the audit approach complies with agreed audit methodology and that the quality of the file, audit papers and electronic data are maintained to high standards throughout each audit, reports and escalates area of concern and non-compliance
- Complete assurance mapping for the programme portfolio and undertake programme / projects audits consistent with the agreed programme work
- Review business cases for their robustness and alignment to the Council's strategy, priorities and objectives
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting on the financial and deliverability of programmes / projects to key stakeholders such as Chief Executive, Strategic Directors, Service Directors and Audit Committee
- Ensure lessons learnt are captured, analysed and regularly shared across the Council
- Generating focused outcomes that demonstrate commercial awareness and that improve change governance, business processes and control
- Support the creation a framework for cross-project collaboration within the programme, and ensure adherence to the framework
- Work autonomously and take responsibility for own work to support the delivery of value add assurance services to all stakeholders
- Perform accountabilities with minimal supervision and provide audit management and audit clients with regular status updates of the agreed audit plan
- Encourage feedback on Internal Audit performance and work in partnership with senior managers to develop the Internal Audit brand across the Council
- Carry out ad hoc assignments and provide advice and consultancy to Services as required
- Demonstrate cost-consciousness and identify any cost effective changes to own way of working
- Provide cover for the work of peers, and the Principal Audit Manager if necessary in their absence
- Maintain membership of the appropriate professional body and to participate in any relevant CPD scheme
- Fully qualified (CMIIA / CCAB or a recognised project management qualification).
- Extensive experience of auditing large programme, projects and change management initiatives in a large in large organisations at a Senior Auditor level.
- Proven experience of working independently to deliver robust, independent assurance to plan, across strategic transformation programmes and change portfolios in large organisations.
- Demonstrable comprehensive understanding of project management principles, practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience of building credible and powerful relationships with senior stakeholders, demonstrating robust judgement, insight and thought leadership.
- Practical and proven experience of using different change audit methodologies, tools and processes as well as familiarity with end to end process modelling and best practice project methodologies.
- Proven experience of delivering high impact assurance and consultancy reviews across a number of strategic areas that have resulted in the organisation improving its performance, risk management, governance and internal controls.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing effective assurance arrangements and tools to support effective independent assurance of Portfolio, Programme and Project activity.
- Extensive experience of generating outcomes that demonstrate commercial awareness and that improve change governance, business processes and controls.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely.
Base Salary up to £44,000
Very competitive benefits package
Great working environment and flexibility.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81444484