Job Title: Commissioning and Test Engineer
Salary / Package:
* Competitive salary, dependant on experience
* Free Pru-Health Health Care (after successful completion of 6 months' probation period)
* Company laptop and mobile phone
* 21 days holiday, rising to a maximum of 25 days
Location: Crawley, UK
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The company: Established and headquartered in Hong Kong in1986, it now employs over 600 personnel, with regional offices in China, India, Australia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam and United Kingdom with strategic partners throughout Western Europe and the United States. In two decades, the company has expanded into a leading global AV/VC/UC solutions provider with over 6,000 clients. The portfolio includes Audiovisual, Video Conferencing, Digital Media Communications, Collaboration, Workspace Management, Telephony, as well as a turnkey support and maintenance capability.
The Commissioning & Test engineer will work within the Technical team based at the Crawley office, and will be responsible for providing technical design and support for the duration of a project.
Following the project through rack build, installation and commissioning to ensure successful delivery to the highest standard.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Working with design CAD Schematics, ensuring systems are installed and working at
optimum levels and to client expectations
* Programming of audio DSP's, setup of digital video systems and setup of video conferencing systems.
* Fault finding systems and resolve issues associated with design and manufacture
* Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of systems in the manufacturing environment in line with developed test plans
* Complete Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) at client's site which includes final adjustment of system prior to handover to client
* Provide user-training to end client
* Support Project Manager in the successful delivery of all projects
* Provide technical support for the duration of the project
* Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure technical knowledge is gained to
successfully deliver projects
* Ensure company standards are met at all times.
Experience & qualifications
* Excellent technical knowledge of AV & VC equipment from all major brands
* Good understanding of IT and networks
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
* CAD / Visio / Stardraw experience for the production of detailed schematic to company standards
* Infocomm CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I certification an advantage
* Experience in a similar role is essential
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
* An up-to-date understanding of the AV/VC/UC marketplace including products and trends
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment
* Proactive and able to multitask