Financial Accountant (Treasury)
This Financial Accountant role will suit a newly qualified accountant looking to gain broader business exposure & develop their technical skill-set. This Financial Accountant will work closely with the leadership in the function driving the delivery of timely, effective and accurate financial information.
Our Public Sector and Government client is a unique governing organisation that act on behalf of the public to protect from and monitor crime.
Our client is progressive and offers a working environment where career development is key alongside an emphasis on improving the delivery of their service lines and finance function.
Cash flow and forecasting
- Daily monitoring of cash balance against cashflow forecast
- Escalation of issues which will impact cashflow; ie aged debt to Deputy Director Financial Control.
- Weekly preparation of cashflow report for the Finance Director
- Report to Chief Officer Group and Executive team and respond to any questions they may have to enable decision making.
Manage the bank reconciliation process
- Responsible for managing the reconciliation of the current account on a weekly basis with the support of the Junior Financial Accountant.
- Responsible for maintaining three other bank accounts on a periodic basis
- Support the Financial Accounts team in the overall management and review of the Financial Accounts.
Financial Systems and compliance
- Working closely with the Financial Systems team to develop and implement systems processes, controls and improvements
- Supporting the development of an effective financial control environment.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with financial and treasury controls
Build and Manage Customer Relationships
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key internal customers.
- Liaise directly with internal customers as required to ensure accurate information is used for cashflow assumptions and receivables reporting.
Develop Staff and Communicating Effectively
- Provide effective coaching and support for junior finance team members
- Promote and support effective team working within the Finance and Commercial team and the wider business
- Be an ambassador for the Department, representing the Finance Director as required
Internal and External Audit Liaison
- Prepare, compile, analyse and co-ordinate information for internal and external auditor
- Leading the team through organisational and process-related change.
Qualifications and Training:
***YOU MUST BE A FULLY QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT
Extensive experience of:
- Preparing cash flows and developing cash-flow models
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Delivering value added financial reporting
- Prioritising workload in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Building strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- Ability to apply technical accounting skills and data analytical skills to a large amount of data and report in a transparent and succinct manner
- Identifying the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding an developing pragmatic solutions
- Reporting on strategic issues to senior non-financial managers both in writing and orally
- Communicate confidently at all levels including senior management level.
- Promote teamwork and co-operation across teams to enhance performance.
- Additional treasury accounting training
- Experience of central government or public sector financial reporting frameworks
Skills and knowledge:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the Treasury FReM.
- Awareness of the principles of managing public money
£43,000 - £45,000 p/a
Significant pension contribution scheme
Strong emphasis on work/life balance and flexible working
Internal progression opportunities
Based in London
'Financial Accountant (Treasury)' 'Public Sector and Government' 'London'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81444413