Finance Assistant for Maternity Cover
Are you looking for a company where your ideas are taken seriously? Are you an ambitious and driven finance professional with an eye for detail? Does team work come naturally to you? If so, we could be looking for you!
Turner Lovell is a technical niche recruitment business operating in markets across UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
We are looking for 1 year maternity cover. The ideal candidate will have had experience working in the recruitment or sales industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a company in a growth phase, define their own career and have access to excellent on the job and external training opportunities.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, Managing Director, Sales Teams, and Operations team to create efficiencies in the operational processes.
- Maintaining good relationships with all suppliers and clients.
- Use own initiative to plan workload and meet deadlines.
- Bookkeeping - bank and credit card transaction posting and reconciliations on Xero.
- Ensuring all bank and credit card payments have back-up receipts/invoices.
- Reviewing, inputting and verifying purchase invoices in Xero using appropriate nominal codes and VAT treatment.
- Processing employee and contractor expense claims and ensuring all receipts are uploaded on Xero.
- Dealing with requests and enquiries from suppliers, customers, managers, and other employees.
- Reconciling weekly and monthly revenue and cost of sales for contractors.
- Processing contractor and supplier payments.
- Posting, maintaining, and reconciling accruals and prepayments.
- Reconciliation of supplier and customer accounts.
- Maintaining orderly electronic files of expenses and other finance documentation.
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks and reports.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Qualification - AAT, ICB, CAT, Part qualified CIMA or ACCA
- Ideally experience of using Xero Accounting software
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Good knowledge of basic book-keeping procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work meticulously and methodically
- Willingness to learn and be flexible
- Proactive and can-do attitude
How to apply?
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for this role please email your CV to or quoting "Finance Assistant maternity cover" as the subject.
Turner Lovell is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications for this position, we will only be contacting short listed candidates for interviews.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81443970