£500 - £525 per day
The Security Architect serves as a security lead across the security programme and will act as an expert in many areas of security, and is able to describe in business terms the impact of security policies, standards, and architecture. This person will provide security direction to the cyber security programme to ensure that security is a key focus for the deliverable.
The Security Architect is to produce reference architecture and to ensure that the delivered architecture is fit for purpose and effective when transitioned in to service.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How:
- Experience and strong understanding of GDPR. Qualification preferred.
- Strong background in security architecture including a deep knowledge of IT network security (secure LAN, WAN, vLAN, MPLS, Netflow, SNMP and secure network zoning and restricted network design) and database, operating system and application security.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing technical security solutions such as IDS/IPS, secure remote access, firewalls, encryption, secure protocols, data protection, data loss prevention and identity management solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data and information flows, information governance, network protocols.
- Scripting experience preferably Powershell, Python, Perl etc.
- Experiencing implementing and operating a SIEM, or working within a system monitoring environment.
- Experience of incorporating security controls at each stage of the software development lifecycle process (ITIL).
- Experience of designing and managing security controls within service providers and the cloud.
- Experience of security hardening techniques and policy development, particularly operating system hardening (e.g. Windows, UNIX, Oracle).
- Experience in vulnerability and risk management processes.
- Appreciation of wider information security related principles, likely to be gained in industry or from a consultancy background.
- Prepared to challenge the programme and IS colleagues and have the "difficult conversations" where needed in the interests of the business
- Strong communication (Written and Verbal), leadership and partnering skills.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the Organisation.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering business requirements to time and budget constraints.
- Able to operate as a highly independent worker and as part of a strong team/collaborative approach.
- Prior Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) and utility industry experience preferred.
- Information Security Qualifications such as CISSP and MSc Information Security preferred.
- Security Qualifications such as SANs, CCNA, CCNP.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81442606