Veterinary Nurse - Claims Administrator - German-Speaking
Job Title: Veterinary Nurse - Claims Administrator - German-Speaking
Salary: Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays
Hours: 8am to 5pm (full-time)
We're currently recruiting for a qualified Veterinary Nurse to manage claims and underwriting operations for a top private health provider.
Job Description & Key responsibilities
Technical and operational responsibilities
- To support claims & Underwriting team
- Liaising with the business Vet on complicated cases
- Validate the claim against policy terms and conditions and prepare the final paperwork for acceptance or declinature.
- If further information is needed, communicate effectively with veterinary practices, breeder and affinity partners to ensure all information is gathered in order to settle claims accurately.
- Process the claim payment through internal systems in line with agreed authority levels.
- Maintain accurate records of all claims activity on the internal files and systems.
- Identify treatments provided and the costs
- Support the underwriting team with telephone queries from customers and third parties
- Support investigators effectively utilising previously Veterinary nurse knowledge
- Provide technical support and advice to customer service team
- Underwriting new polices
- Handling inbound calls from customers, internal teams and 3rd parties
- Data entry & Emailing relevant parties for closure of cases/claims
- Identify and escalate serious and / or urgent cases, including complaints or other matters of concern, to the Claims Manager.
- Assist / deal with ad-hoc projects as required by Claims Manager.
- Promote the best image for the company through the professional appearance and behaviour and adhere to company standards and procedures.
Education and experience
Essential education and experience
- Fully fluent in German with excellent and confident communication skills
- Qualified as a Veterinary nurse.
- Previous experience within a veterinary practice.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
You must have excellent and confident communication skills and be confident in discussing potentially complex veterinary treatments and insurance matters with their customer, in simple and straightforward language, over the phone and in writing.
In addition, you must be prepared to 'muck in' and be an active part of the team. All members of the claims team are required to work together and support each other throughout all aspects of office life to ensure we operate smoothly and efficiently and provide the high level of customer service we aim to give at all times.
This means you must be:
- able to work well under pressure and in the face of short deadlines;
- flexible and approachable, adapting and responding to team objectives at short notice;
- well organised and able to prioritise a workload of varied and important tasks; and
- able to work on their own with minimal supervision as well as an integral part of the team.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81443074