Principal Planner-Development Management
Principal Planner-Development Management
Are you looking to progress your career and work on complex applications? An Essex Authority is currently looking to recruit for a Principal Planner-Development Management on a permanent basis.
The client is based within walking distance public transport hubs including from London and Essex. The borough has a broad and diverse case loads including but not limited to Suburban, green space, regeneration, conservation and heritage sites.
The suitable candidate would be responsible for (but not limited to):
You will be taking responsibility for all stages of the planning application process:
- Managing the delegated powers process in respect of planning applications
- Ensuring that planning decisions comply with relevant legislation, statutory and other Council plans, policies and guidelines
- Leading on complex and/or politically sensitive consultations and negotiations
- Ensuring that the Development Management Team provide quality pre-application advice services
- Proactively engage with communities and provide information to stakeholders about planning applications
- Providing support and advice to elected Members to make appropriate planning decisions
- Presenting complex and/or politically sensitive cases at Council committee meetings, giving evidence at Public Enquiries, conducting legal proceedings for the Council and giving evidence in court as required
- Monitoring the planning application process and take appropriate and effective action to achieve a consistently prompt turn around of planning applications whilst maintaining high quality decision making
- Contributing to review, development and implementation of the Borough specific policies and taking responsibility for site specific proposals where required
Supporting the development of an organisational culture that is positive, forward looking, performance and customer focused:
- Work flexibly, take responsibility for own career and personal development and actively seek ways to contribute to the Service's work programme and support other staff on achieving the Service's and Council's objectives at all times
- Develop, implement and comply with systems to demonstrate quality, including external assessment and customer feedback
- Stay abreast of developments in best practice, policy and legislation and ensure they are integrated in the day to day work of the teams and in the development of strategies and plans
- Prepare reports, presentations and briefings as necessary and, where appropriate, attend relevant meeting to present them
- Ensuring prompt and effective response in relation to the Council's Complaints Procedure, Freedom of Information requests, Councillors, MPs', Government and matters arising in relation to the Local Government Ombudsmen
- Carry out such other duties within the competence of the postholder as may be required from time to time
Have a good understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Council's Equal Opportunities policies as well as ensuring the implementation of the Council's, Directorate's and Service's Health and Safety Policies and exercise due care to ensure the safety of everyone in the workplace lastly you would deputise for the Development Management manager on appropriate matters as required.
Salary up to £51 000(including a salary supplement) + Full benefits package + relocation package.
Should you feel this position is of interest; please forward your CV to me as soon as possible as the client is looking to shortlist, select, interview and offer ASAP.
Still searching? Not all of our vacancies are on our website yet. We're happy to provide a tailored careers guidance service, so for the best chance of finding your ideal opportunity, get in touch with one of our specialist consultants and we will be able to support you with your job search.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81442439