- 3 years of DevOps experience, some of which should be in a larger organisation.
- Happy to work in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of, and some experience with, Docker and familiarity with immutable infrastructure concepts.
- Working knowledge of deployment frameworks such as Jenkins, monitoring frameworks like Prometheus, Grafana, Icinga or Nagios and code repositories on GitHub.
- Comfortable working with Linux operating systems (e.g. CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu). Have an understanding of inter-process communication, devices and device drivers, file system concepts (permissions, inodes, and symlinks).
- Distributed systems, system design for high availability, basic networking principles and firewalling.
- Demonstrable experience managing load balancers. SteelApp preferred.
- Good understanding of database types and concepts. Experience with MongoDB, Kafka and the whole SMACK stack.
- Programming skill in at least one languages as well as bash. Go or Python highly desired.
- Demonstrable communications, presentation, and negotiating skills are a must to advocate for DevOps and reliability concepts within a development team.
- Strong customer focus (the delivery teams) in the spirit of Site Reliability Engineering as defined by Google in its book.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81437749