Plant Layout Engineer
The Plant Layout Engineer assists the building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General layout engineering
* Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
* Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout.
? Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment.
? Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model. This role with have a particular focus on layout of pipework.
? Carries out an initial check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
* Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
* Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress monitoring and change management
* Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
* Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
* Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
* Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
The candidate should possess good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. They should have the ability to take a strategic view, the ability to meet commitments and deadlines. They will be required to write clearly-expressed and well-presented reports and apply logical thinking.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Technical skills: Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project. Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.).
Software and tools: Microsoft Word/Excel. Good knowledge of PDMS (or any 3D design software), Autocad 2D and Navisworks software (consultation).
Language(s): Fluent in English, French desirable.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft''s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the Data Protection Act 1998. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of manging your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81437704