Senior UX Designer
***Senior UX Designer - Product Discovery - Contract***
Senior UX Designer
6 Month Contract
The position will be based at our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London with occasional travel to Welwyn Garden City.
The User Experience Design team within Technology Product Group, is a customer obsessed, data informed and insight driven multi-disciplinary team, of talented and passionate Designers and Design Researchers.
Applying User Centred Design methods to problem solving throughout the product lifecycle. Collaborating closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Stakeholders, Global Insight teams and wider design teams. Understanding, championing and building empathy for customers and colleagues evolving needs, expectations, motivations and behaviours. Providing the Research and Design to identify user needs and validate hypothesis, delivering evidence based user experiences that are customer centric and support a coherent and compelling brand experience. Working in an agile way, using dual track product discovery and delivery approach to product development.
The Role - Senior UX designer
Overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Creating and delivering user centred, insight driven and compelling brand experiences that are coherent throughout the end to end customer journey. Producing experience designs and artefacts required for a digital Product/s to agreed time frames, success criteria, quality standards and digital design/brand language patterns that are appropriate for all customer and colleague interactions.
- Establishing the experience design vision for key pieces of the user experience flow.
- UX design activities and deliverables you will work on include but are not limited to: defining and documenting the information architecture, evaluating existing systems and processes, creating data models, taxonomies and ontologies, data-flows, journey maps, concept sketches, wireframes, storyboards, simple prototypes and detailed interaction specifications.
- Collaborating with your product team, the wider design teams, global insights and analytics teams and stakeholders to understand the user needs, motivations, behaviours and performance measures relevant to your product portfolio, to inform and validate your designs.
- Communicating and clarifying UX design specifications with your product team and the wider design teams. Also, helping to validate and monitor quality implementation of design deliverables and identify and communicate opportunities for excellence within a product.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Proven ability working in a fast paced product based e-commerce environment, ideally retail. In an agile way, using a dual track product discovery and delivery approach to product development.
- Understanding and practice of a wide variety of customer led design practices.
- Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing, and implementation.
- Creation of a range of UX deliverables including sketching, journey mapping, flows, scamps, wireframes, and simple prototypes, using a variety of design tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure and similar.
- Experience of working with Design Researchers to plan and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects and the use of data and insight to evolve understanding of customer behaviour and product decisions.
- Working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Experience of designing experiences across mulitple platforms and devices, including Apps and Web and arm's length interfaces.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Follow a customer centric and insights driven iterative design approach. With a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centred design solutions.
- Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test and Target, and an understanding of AB and MV testing would be a bonus.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81442330