Legal Counsel - Global Markets (Global Investment Services)
Job Title: Legal Counsel - Global Markets (Global Investment Services)
Corporate Title: Vice President
The team provides legal support to all the businesses within the Global Investment Services (GIS) umbrella. In addition to the diverse and cutting edge products offered by the GIS business unit, it is envisaged that there will be scope to work more broadly in, and develop expertise across, other areas within the Global Markets legal team.
- Providing advice that relates to legal issues with existing products
- Advising the business in relation to regulatory change, which may impact the products
- Instructing and managing external counsel appropriately and cost effectively
- Troubleshooting by dealing with defaults, restructures, occasional disputes and materialisation of legal/commercial risks
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of documentation
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in other locations to ensure that knowledge is shared across one global team
- Helping to shape the department of the future, through participation in local, regional and/or global initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience (in Law would be particularly beneficial)
- Ability to provide advice on alternative legal structures and a willingness to implement projects
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- A proficient and broad technical knowledge of derivatives, structured notes and fund issues
- Awareness of regulatory change in the alternatives funds space
- In-depth knowledge of the law applied to financial markets and an awareness of current trends in the law/regulation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441379