Exciting new Solutions Architect role has just come on the market in the heart of Oxford, close walk from the main central Oxford train station. Working for a global organisation undertaking a ground breaking transformation programme.
We are recruiting a Solutions Architect in Oxford, to design and deliver and quality assure solutions and systems designs for group-wide projects and system changes during their end-to-end lifecycle. The client is moving towards an agile way of working and the solution architect will need to be able to function within that environment.
The successful candidate will ensure all elements of the solution are aligned to IT architectures and standards and deliver required outcomes for the project and associated change activities. The candidate should be able to develop high & low level designs, assure solution software build, including hosting (cloud), data migration, and security aspects.
The Solutions Architect will:
- Manage and maintain overall solution design. Define engineering standards and best practices for development teams to follow.
- Lead design & build solutions, working within the strategic roadmap
- Integration with SAP and non-SAP internal applications
- Support design of business process changes with project team
- Lead design & build of data flows for migration and integration as well as proactively manage data stakeholders throughout the detailed data definition work.
- Produce high-level design specifications
- Lead impact assessment of changes & identify options, particularly around reuse of strategic solutions within the estate
- Proactively maintain and exploit market knowledge of technology options and tools to identify and create delivery improvement opportunities
- Ensure that solution design remains aligned with Enterprise architecture. Assess the impact of the proposed solution architecture on other dependent enterprise solutions' architecture.
- Lead technical implementation and ensure design and build of solutions are carried out in accordance to standards and throughout the delivery of the solution.
The successful candidate will have
- Technical knowledge of a wide range of technology stacks from Microsoft based to Linux, with a core in Linux
- Experience of implementing Service Oriented Architecture / micro-service design patterns
- They will have also have experience of operating as a Technical solution design authority and agile approaches to working and Facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Be able to dynamically drive problem solving to a wide range of issues from business, data, application and infrastructure
- Strong external, market knowledge of target applications, environments, systems software, packages, platforms etc.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts and information.
- Familiar with deploying solution both on-premise and within AWS/Azure Cloud
- Agile and DevOps tools such as Jira, Slack, Puppet or Chef, Docker
- Data migration
- Awareness of SAP and database design, business and processes
- Broad understanding of the publishing industry Enterprise Architecture and technology landscape with in-depth knowledge in areas of specialism
- Collaborative working in a complex geographical / functional matrix organization
- Knowledge and understanding of world class technology organizations with a strong external perspective of developments in Technology.
In return you will be offered a very competitive starting salary coupled with a top end benefits package plus the chance to work for a global leader in their very impressive offices where you will get unrivalled career progression and training opportunities. Get in touch today to have an informal chat about this role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81441999